At UVA, the DAISY Team Award recognizes that while an idea to achieve better patient and family outcomes may start with one individual, it often takes an entire team to implement successfully. The DAISY Team Award is an annual award presented at the beginning of each calendar year to a nurse led team of two or more nurses.
UVA DAISY Team Nomination Criteria:
- Teams must be led by a direct care nurse, or group of nurses
- Teams must be comprised of 2 or more individuals
- Team members are role models of collaboration and teamwork that make a difference in the lives of patient, families, employees, the community
- Team members create a culture of trust, respect and engagement through UVA Health System values of accountability, stewardship, professionalism, integrity, respect, and excellence
Extraordinary Collaborations Examples:
- A "Prom" organized for a patient who is unable to go to her/his own
- An ED team dealing with multiple accident victims
- A wedding for a patient who is unable to attend her/his own outside of the healthcare facility
- A fund to provide haircuts to patients who will lose their hair during treatment. Then donating the hair to a charitable organization who can put the hair to good use
Looking to nominate an individual nurse instead of a team? Please click here for our DAISY Individual RN Award nomination form.
If you have any questions about the DAISY Award, please email Ashley Noguera at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-243-3280.
Share Your Story!