The PNSO presents awards annually honoring different aspects of excellence in the nursing role. Award recipients are selected on the basis of peer reviewed nominations received by the PNSO Awards Committee. Any Medical Center employee, PNSO Member, or UVA School of Nursing student may be the primary nominator for each of these awards.
The categories for the PNSO Nursing Excellence awards are listed below. Click here for a 1 page grid detailing the purpose and eligibility requirements for each award.
- Beginning Practitioner of the Year
- Exemplary Clinical Practice
- Excellence in Caring
- Excellence in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Excellence in New Knowledge and Innovations
- Nurse of Distinction
- Preceptor of the Year
- Transformational Leader
Nurses Recognizing our Interprofessional Partnerships:
Nominations for Other Nursing Honors:
NOTE: Links to nomination forms will be active only during the nomination window.
- The Eloise Dodge Gould Pediatric Nurse Education Award (Any UVA Children's Medical Center staff may nominate a UVA Children's Medical Center RN)
- The Thomas Buckley Memorial Endowment Fund for NICU Nursing Education
(application process open to UVA NICU nurses)